1.19.2008

Soulful Music

I've never been the same after I first heard Lynard Skynard's song "Freebird". The windows were down, we were in my dad's truck on the open road, and Lynard was killing the sickest solo I'd ever heard. I kept waiting for it to stop, but I was so glad it didn't. I remember that feeling like it was yesterday...and it was amazing.

I'm convinced there is just something about music that digs deep within our souls and hits us in intricate ways. There aren't many things that inspire me more than listening to the lyrics of a song or waiting for the guitar solo to come crashing in. I used to date this girl who would get so frustrated with me because everytime we were in my car, I'd blast my new favorite song. She always told me to turn it down. We obviously didn't work out.

I listen to my music loud and I love to sing.

KL

No comments: