2.07.2009

SRV


After a hard day's night, I stumbled across some quotes from one of the greatest guitarists of all time, Stevie Ray Vaughan. I have found these to be very influential, hope you do too. As always, much love.

"I was walking around trying to act cool, like I had no fear at all. But I was afraid, afraid that somebody would find out just how scared I was. Now I'm finally realizing that fear is the opposite of love."

"Music has become really important now. It's helped me to open up more and take a chance on loving people. Music is a good reason to care. It's just a vehicle though. It's a way to try and give somebody something that you feel. If trying the best I can isn't good enough, I'll just have to try harder next time. It's all I can do. If I do the best I can, then at least I did the best I could in this life. If that's the last time I ever got to play, I'd better give it everything I've got."

"Ya know, right now the most important thing in my life is to make sure you understand that, first of all I thank God I'm alive today, and I mean that. I spent too many years of my life thinking that the big party was the whole thing.

It took me quite a while to find out that the real deal is to be able to be enough of a person on your own to know when somebody loves you and cares about you.

You see, we are here, as far as I can tell, to help each other; our brothers, our sisters, our friends, our enemies. That is to help each other and not hurt each other. And sometimes to help others, we have to help ourself first. It's a big world out there; with enough pain and misery in it without me going around hurting myself; and consequently, those that care about me.

What I am trying to get across to you; is please take of yourselves and those that you love; because that is what we are here for, that's all we got, and that is all we can take with us."



Damn man, damn.

KL

No comments: