2.20.2009

Fighting It Out

Sometimes it feels like you can't even get out of bed. The chips keep falling the other way and without understanding why, you push forward and force things that aren't even yours to force. You just want to smile again, you just want to be free again, you just want to feel again - but for some reason, you're still under the covers.

The turning point for me was understanding that my twenties weren't about already having it figured out, but rather about fighting it out, putting one foot in front of the other, and pursuing more than myself during the journey. I spent time with myself. I became comfortable with the idea of being alone, which was once foreign to me. I spent time with my thoughts, ideas, and opinions in surround sound. I invested time in myself - not in a selfish manner but rather an independent one.

In short, don't force things when you're searching for more. Embrace the sunshine and the rain. Invest time in who you want to be and don't compromise. Don't ever compromise you. Take care of each other, share your toys, and say "Thank you" more often.

KL

No comments: