12.13.2008

Movement

We often associate movement with change, which actually makes perfect sense.

If you've never seen the view of the Grand Canyon (assuming you want to), it won't happen unless you pursue movement - unless you book a flight, a hotel, and a rental car. You've got to get time off from work, be at the airport on time, and get from the airport to the Canyon, which requires a lot of movement.

I've been pursuing that "view" for quite some time now and I'm seeing that movement doesn't necesarily mean it has to be external. Perhaps my movement has more to do with my building passion that makes me want to see the beauty of the Grand Canyon - before I'm actually able to experience literal movment.

Let's get practical:

I've been trying to get a new job, apply to grad school, and find solid friends for a while now. I've sent my college transcript to more places than I can even remember. I've spent countless hours online looking at schools, programs, jobs, etc. I've been pursuing the "view" of some kind of movment. My world still looks very similar to my world a year ago - but it's completely different, internally.

My heart is focused, my drive is stronger, my love is deeper.

This is movement, this is change, for the time being. KL.

1 comment:

Cara said...

this is just what i needed to read. we're at asimilar place, brother.