8.18.2008

Say What Ya Need To Say

Isn't it about time I start being authentic, regardless of what it involves? Isn't it time I choose truth, no matter what the cost?

This week I've been reminded that plans don't always work out as we think they will.

This week I've had many opportunities to be honest and it felt so good to be sincere with myself and with other people. I've tasted independence, freedom, and self-sufficiency for some time now and it resembles a King Size Snickers bar. For so long I avoided these concepts because of my fear of loneliness. And then I met someone who reminded me that one doesn't always invite the other.

Someone can be an amazing person, a beautiful individual, an intricate personality - but different people have different lives. It's more important to end a relationship with integrity than waste someones time. I'm all about simplifying, identifying the most efficient method possible, and waiting for the right timing when it all feels like a dream.

I've met so many people who would do anything to escape a current relationship but haven't the stability to actually go through with it - so they settle in and become static. They forsake truth for comfort, real love for empathy, freedom for control.

Sometimes truth is the negative conversation we need to go through to arrive at our peaceful destination.

I want us to be honest beginning a relationship and honest concluding it. I want us to stop burning bridges. Say you want to just be friends and mean it. Act on it. Check on each other. Treat others the way you would want to be treated.

Be quick to forgive, slow to speak, and even slower to anger. Think about your words before you use them. Everything happens for a reason, please don't ignore the signs. When you feel it, you'll know. But until then, just enjoy the heart of life...

And never forget that these concepts are beautiful ways to live.

And that Jesus came up with them long before I did. KL.

1 comment:

Cara said...

my heart LOVES this - great post, kyle.