8.28.2008

Heart's Catching Up...

I've been really reflective the last few weeks.

My mind feels like it needs to slam on the brakes so my heart can just catch up a little bit. I lay in bed with thoughts constantly running through my head. Thoughts of contentment, thoughts of vulnerability, thoughts of love.

I've been distracted by this idea that people walk in and out of our lives and before we know it, we never see them again. In the blink of an eye, everything changes, and there's no prerequisite that could prepare you for this course. You never thought you'd lose them but here you are, years later, missing them more than you ever imagined.

But I have this hope, this monumental belief, this deep thought racing through my mind that carries me from one day to the next:

"I believe that my life's gonna see the love I give return to me." -JM

I'm just going to keep loving, no matter what. Love's the only thing in life you can't over-indulge in. You can have too much ice cream, too much of "self", too much money. You can have too much of almost everything - except love. And without love, we have absolutely nothing to live for. So please don't stop loving one another because with it, life can be experienced in its fullest potential.

Now it may not be returned tonight, and that's alright. It doesn't have to be. I'm just going to trust that at the end of my life, as long as I stay where the light is, it will all be returned to me.

And I can rest in that hope, just give me a second for my heart to catch up.

KL

No comments: