8.25.2008

Heart in my Hands...

I've been torn but not broken. I've been through the furnace but not burned. I've taken some hard punches but now I'm ready to throw a couple jabs of my own. Hope you're ready.

You thought you knew me, but you had no idea. If you saw me now, you wouldn't recognize me - because I'm bigger than my body gives me credit for.

I'm better than I've ever been (like Kanye said), tougher than I've ever been, and more progressive than I've ever been. All of which are leading me to where I've always wanted to be. But I assure you, it's not going to fall into my lap. It never has and it never will. I've accepted that and moved on.

I've had to make it happen for myself - for the most part, you will too. So now I continue the journey of making it happen for myself, regardless of the cost.

Change is right around the corner, meanwhile I'm gonna stand on the steps with my heart in my hands.


KL.

No comments: