6.09.2008

Love Wins


After sweating through sound check yesterday, I had the opportunity to meet David Ryan Harris. Without trying to be the typical 16 year old fan who goes crazy when meeting a musician, I felt like that little kid inside as I contemplated what to ask this social icon. You may not have heard about him (he's huge on the west coast) but right when you hear his music, you immediately feel something deep within your soul. It's quite beautiful, really.

We talked about what touring with JM is like, the difference between the east coast and the west coast, and where he gets his material. I asked him where he finds his inspiration for his music and he said "Well, musically - Stevie Wonder, lyrically - my wife."

I want that to be my inspiration too.

Have you ever watched couples interact in public? It's actually really funny if your timing is perfect. I was in the supermarket the other day and heard a couple arguing about grape vs. strawberry jelly. The wife asked what he liked more and after he said grape, she said "But we always have grape! I want strawberry" and it was in that exact moment I knew I had to tune in. After the wife argued more for the strawberry, I heard the husband yell "I don't even like jelly!!"

As funny as it is for me to watch couples fight, something needs to change. It seems to me that couples argue about the most trivial things and they don't realize how insignificant their fights become. So stop fighting about the jelly, and the "right" way to get to your friends house (when there's really many ways), and the restaurant where you go out to eat dinner. Life's too short.

Love wins. KL.

1 comment:

Cara said...

hahaha I DONT EVEN LIKE JELLY. FINALLY, the truth comes out. kyle, you are beautiful. i love reading your posts, i'm praying life is going SO well for you and you feel Gods arm around your shoulders RIGHT now. love to you.